Create Instance / Machine in Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
I would recommend to first go through post on Google Cloud set up
- Open “Compute Engine” as from their you can create new VM instances.
2. Click on Create which will open form where you need to fill the details regarding the instance/ machine which you want to create.
- In the “Name” section feel free to give any name, just make sure its in lowercase and no spaces are provided.
- In the Zone, you are free to select any zone.
- Machine Type: You have various option in machine type. It varies from “micro- 1 share vCPU” to “8vCPUs – with 7.2 GB memory”. Cost of an instance is dependent upon the machine type. So, make sure to select machine type as per the need.
For our testing purpose, we will use “1vCPU which has 3.75 GB memory”. It will cost us $28.50 per month. (It’s free for us now as Google has provided us with $300 for 12 months, So we can easily use it for free for next ~10 months)
- In Boot Disk we need to select OS images. We are free to select any OS image. If you want windows server you can use various windows server OS images. Or if you want Linux machine then you can use CentOS, Ubuntu, Red Hat
For our testing purpose we will be using “Ubuntu 14.04” OS.
( There are other ways too to create boot disk like – Application Images, Custom Images, Snapshots, Existing disks- we will discuss those sometime later)
Here we can also provide the size of the disk. For our testing purpose we can use 40GB.
Cost of the instance also varies a bit with the size of the disk. Like for our selected machine type with 10GB cost was $28.50 and now cost with 40 GB is $29.71.
- For “Identity and API access” let it to be the default value.
- For “Firewall” select “Allow http traffic” and “Allow https traffic”
- Then hit “Create” button.
3. This will create your machine “test-machine” with the specification provided.
One can connect to the machine via browser by clicking on “open in broser window” or can “use another SSH client”
Steps to connect machine using another SSH client is very nicely mentioned here.
I personally use another SSH client to connect to machine. I use windows OS and through putty connect to google cloud instance/ machine.
Want to sell products online for free in India ?
Heenz.com is a marketplace, where one can become seller and can create his store and sell goods online for no charges, its 100% free. You can also just become a buyer and can buy products. If you want to buy something – here you will find interesting items, may be cheaper than in the store. Start buying and selling in the most easy way on Heenz.com.
We don’t provide delivery option, so make sure you are selecting products from city nearby, so that you can either pickup the product or seller agrees to deliver it to you . Enjoy Shopping !!!